Fire/EMS driver trainer simulators are proved to reduce accidents and increase intersection analysis skills. A host of distinctive features work together to create a comprehensive virtual reality.
Weve created realistic simulators for a wide range of vehicles, including, pumper trucks, tower trucks, tillers, aerial trucks, tractor-drawn ladder trucks, ambulances. Use of real components and gauges ensures that what the student experiences in our cab is the same thing hell experience on the road.
- Full power train, including engine, transmission and axle ratio
- Suspension system that includes shock absorbers, springs and tire effects
- Accurate vehicle brakes
- Faithful replication of steering wheel feel and tendencies
- Functional and accurately reproduced cab compartment controls
- Vehicle models include:
- Interchangeable cabs allow users to switch between training programs to maximize the scope and efficiency of the simulator
- Proprietary SmartNode software recreates seat bounce and vibration from acceleration and braking, turning and curb strikes
FAAC's proprietary software system enables the student vehicle to respond to the environment and operator maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind and driver inputs.
- Controls out-the-window visual scenes and vehicle sounds as they relate to driving and student performance
- Provides signals to the student vehicle dashboard instruments
- Senses and responds to student inputs, such as hard braking and oversteering
- Provides realistic interaction between other driving stations networked in the same training scenario
Our visual display sets the standard for creating a lifelike driving environment with the widest field of view in the industry.
- A combination of front, side, and rear screens delivers 315° field of view of crisp, clear virtual training worlds
- State-of-the-art flat screen monitors support real side- and rear-view mirrors
- Real side and rear mirrors provide critical training on mirror usage techniques, such as leaning and blind spot identification
Instructor Operator Station
Our interactive instructor operator station provides a direct, real-time link between instructors and students within the training environment. Instructors can enter the training session as a vehicle or a pedestrian and create unique training elements for students.
- Instructors can manage one or several student driving sessions simultaneously and "fly" from one point in the training world to another to monitor specific events.
- Controls traffic, weather, equipment malfunctions, daylight, lesson storage and assessment
- Provides a location for instructor-student interaction tools, such as a desktop instructor driving console and pedestrian joystick control
Our system generates appropriate vehicle motor and other operational sounds of a fire or EMS vehicle.
- Generates vehicle motor and other operational sounds of an emergency vehicle, including Doppler effect sound motion
- Radio (intercom) system can be integrated into the driving station
to enable two-way communications activity and training for the
student driver through interaction with the instructor