Fire/EMS driver trainer simulators are proved to reduce accidents and increase intersection analysis skills. A host of distinctive features work together to create a comprehensive virtual reality.
Weve created realistic simulators for a wide range of vehicles, including, pumper trucks, tower trucks, tillers, aerial trucks, tractor-drawn ladder trucks, ambulances. Use of real components and gauges ensures that what the student experiences in our cab is the same thing hell experience on the road.
- Full power train, including engine, transmission and axle ratio
- Suspension system that includes shock absorbers, springs and tire effects
- Accurate vehicle brakes
- Faithful replication of steering wheel feel and tendencies
- Functional and accurately reproduced cab compartment controls
- Vehicle models include:
- Interchangeable cabs allow users to switch between training programs to maximize the scope and efficiency of the simulator
- Proprietary SmartNode software recreates seat bounce and vibration from acceleration and braking, turning and curb strikes
Real-Time Computer System
FAAC's proprietary software system enables the student vehicle to respond to the environment and operator maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind and driver inputs.
- Controls out-the-window visual scenes and vehicle sounds as they relate to driving and student performance
- Provides signals to the student vehicle dashboard instruments
- Senses and responds to student inputs, such as hard braking and oversteering
- Provides realistic interaction between other driving stations networked in the same training scenario
Our visual display sets the standard for creating a lifelike driving environment with the widest field of view in the industry.
- A combination of front, side, and rear screens delivers 315° field of view of crisp, clear virtual training worlds
- State-of-the-art flat screen monitors support real side- and rear-view mirrors
- Real side and rear mirrors provide critical training on mirror usage techniques, such as leaning and blind spot identification
Instructor Operator Station
Our interactive instructor operator station provides a direct, real-time link between instructors and students within the training environment. Instructors can enter the training session as a vehicle or a pedestrian and create unique training elements for students.
- Instructors can manage one or several student driving sessions simultaneously and "fly" from one point in the training world to another to monitor specific events.
- Controls traffic, weather, equipment malfunctions, daylight, lesson storage and assessment
- Provides a location for instructor-student interaction tools, such as a desktop instructor driving console and pedestrian joystick control
Our system generates appropriate vehicle motor and other operational sounds of a fire or EMS vehicle.
- Generates vehicle motor and other operational sounds of an emergency vehicle, including Doppler effect sound motion
- Radio (intercom) system can be integrated into the driving station
to enable two-way communications activity and training for the
student driver through interaction with the instructor