FAAC’s New Crew Trainer with 2view Tactical Team Training Technology
(two visually correct yet separate viewpoints)
2View Crew Trainer Simulator
Problem: How to train two positions in one simulator
Until now, two-seat simulators were not configured properly because they only had one view-point. The second student’s seat received a skewed image of the virtual driving environment which soon made the student sick from the distorted view.
Solution: FAAC’s Crew Trainer with 2view
This breaking edge technology provides two separate viewpoints – one for the driver and a separate viewpoint geometrically aligned for the second forward officer seat.
Tactical Team Training Technology
- Dynamic team training
- Advanced operator / officer training
- Only system capable of training NFPA 1500: A 6.2.4*
- Teamwork, collaboration, and communication
- Initial on-scene command strategies and tactics
- Evaluation and coaching skills for officers
#1 Selling EVOC tactical driving simulator
See what San Bernardino County Fire Department did to Receives AFG and SAFER Grants: view here
|Click image to view the FDNY Simulator Video|
|Click image to view the LAFD Simulator Video|
Weve created realistic simulators for a wide range of vehicles, including pumper trucks, tower trucks, tillers, aerial trucks, tractor-drawn ladder trucks, ambulances. Use of real components and gauges ensures that what the student experiences in our cab is the same thing hell experience on the road.
- • Full power train, including engine, transmission and axle ratio
- • Suspension system that includes shock absorbers, springs and tire effects
- • Accurate vehicle brakes
- • Faithful replication of steering wheel feel and tendencies
- • Functional and accurately reproduced cab compartment controls
- • Vehicle models include:
- • Pumper trucks
- • Tower trucks
- • Tillers
- • Aerial trucks
- • Tractor-drawn ladder trucks
- • EMS/ambulance
- • Interchangeable cabs allow users to switch between training programs to maximize the scope and efficiency of the simulator
- • Proprietary SmartNode™ software recreates seat bounce and vibration from acceleration and braking,turning and curb strikes
Real-time Computer System
FAAC's proprietary software system enables the student vehicle to respond to the environment and operator maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind and driver inputs.
- Controls out-the-window visual scenes and vehicle sounds as they relate to driving and student performance
- Provides signals to the student vehicle dashboard instruments
- Senses and responds to student inputs, such as hard braking and oversteering
- Provides realistic interaction between other driving stations networked in the same training scenario
Our visual display sets the standard for creating a lifelike driving environment with the widest field of view in the industry.
- A combination of front, side, and rear screens delivers 315° field of view of crisp, clear virtual training worlds
- State-of-the-art flat screen monitors support real side- and rear-view mirrors
- Real side and rear mirrors provide critical training on mirror usage techniques, such as leaning and blind spot identification
Instructor Operator Station
Our interactive instructor operator station provides a direct, real-time link between instructors and students within the training environment. Instructors can enter the training session as a vehicle or a pedestrian and create unique training elements for students.
- Instructors can manage one or several student driving sessions simultaneously and "fly" from one point in the training world to another to monitor specific events.
- Controls traffic, weather, equipment malfunctions, daylight, lesson storage and assessment
- Provides a location for instructor-student interaction tools, such as a desktop instructor driving console and pedestrian joystick control
Our system generates appropriate vehicle motor and other operational sounds of a fire or EMS vehicle.
- Generates vehicle motor and other operational sounds of an emergency vehicle, including Doppler effect sound motion
- Radio (intercom) system can be integrated into the driving station
to enable two-way communications activity and training for the
student driver through interaction with the instructor