Assists the field engineers in performing daily training and maintenance operations in the field. Requires regular travel. Occasional heavy lifting of up to 60 pounds is required. Ability to obtain Secret Clearance required.
- Installs and removes equipment on aircraft and ground vehicles for US/Foreign Militaries.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment as needed.
- Performs electromechanical assembly and fabrication as needed.
- Tests and analyzes equipment.
- Assembly/soldering of wiring harnesses.
- Maintains spares inventory.
- Assists Field Engineers as required with TESS installations, MOC’s, troubleshooting, bore sighting and removal activities on air and ground systems.
- May attend conferences and IPR’s in the absence of Team Lead/Field Service Engineer in order to identify support/calendar efforts.
- Continually strives to improve services and support for ICE customers by setting and establishing personal and team goals that comply with company directives and policies.
- Often required to work long hours, weekends, and holidays in somewhat highly stressful situations.
- Travel to various locations (OCONUS/CONUS) throughout the year as TESS support requirements dictate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving and Discretion/Latitude
- Full knowledge of the job requirements.
- Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job, with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Works primarily with immediate work unit, as well as other departments in the company.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Must be willing and prepared to travel to other field locations as needed.
- The ability to work in high visibility, somewhat high stressful environments is also desirable.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
- VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
- Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.