Works with program team from inception of government contracts to final delivery of military training products creating supporting contract and product documentation in support of mission essential training equipment. Interfaces with Program Managers and Engineering staff to develop requirements and test procedure documentation, technical manuals, program support documentation, and logistics support documentation specializing in Military Maintenance Packages as well as working closely with Engineers to develop training packages in support of military operations. Mentors lower-level Technical Writers.
- Leads development of operator and maintenance manuals including training materials. Training packages include both hands-on activities and classroom instructions for installation, operation and troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems, lasers, etc.
- Evaluates military and commercial Statements of Work, as well as related contractual documentation to determine deliverable documentation requirements and ensure conformance.
- Ensures on time delivery of all publications.
- Create Provisioning Parts List data base using PowerLogJ, SLICK Wave a plus
- Coordinates interdepartmental activities associated with the editing, composition, preparation and delivery of publications in accordance with applicable specifications, standards, and other requirements.
- Safety Assessments and Health Hazard Assessments for deliverable systems.
- Knowledge of radio communication equipment and operation a plus.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks a plus
- Logistics Product Data and Summaries – Perform Level of Repair Analisis (LORA)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving and Discretion/Latitude
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Considered expert in field.
- Develops solutions to complex problems, and ensures they are consistent with organization objectives.
- Work is performed with very little direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- 10+ years of current Technical Writing experience, with at least 6 years in a hardware/software engineering environment.
- Experience developing training materials.
- Understanding of DoD Data Item Descriptions and Military Standards that dictate the format and content of documentation requirements to be delivered to the government or government sub-contractor.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as graphics applications (such as Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, Corel PaintShop or equivalent graphical software).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team and interface with a diverse group of engineers.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance at Secret Level may be required.
- Occasional travel, able to obtain a passport.
- 9+ years of military/DOD, engineering or technical maintenance background.
- Military Standard 40051-2 understanding for Technical Manuals work package format.
- BS degree in Technical field or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Parts Lists, Bills of Material, Engineering Drawings strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $ 76,993 – $134,738
Benefits: 401(k) & 401(k) Matching, Health Insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action
- VEVRAA/Sec. 503 Federal Contractor
- Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Women/Minorities
Inter-Coastal Electronics, LLC shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.