INDUSTRIAL SECURITY SPECIALIST:
This person will provide direct support to the Corporate Facility Security Officer (FSO) administering FAAC’s security program. The ideal candidate should be a seasoned security professional with a working knowledge of NISPOM and other DoD security-related manuals.
- Experience with JPAS, e-QIP, e-FLC and COMSEC, is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt in a highly charged and challenging work environment, is required
- This position will directly support security functions in the following areas: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Operations Security and Information Security
- Candidate must be able to work closely with security counterparts, program managers and other defense industry partners to ensure program success
- Execution in a team environment that is customer oriented and able to function with limited supervision is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, required
- Candidate will assist with development and administration of security programs and procedures for classified or proprietary materials, documents and equipment
- Candidate will assist the FSO with the research and implementation of federal industrial security regulations that apply to company operations, obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies
- Assist with preparation and/or updates of Standard Operating Procedures Manual and other required manuals
- Conduct security audits and reviews for compliance
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken
- The candidate will be responsible for daily activities within the Security Department, as well as special projects that maybe required
- The candidate will prepare visit authorization requests through JPAS or by manual process
- The candidate will be required to control secure areas, UL certification and will assist in other aspects of physical security including alarm system programming, alarm response and access control
- Some travel may be required
- US Citizen capable of holding a DoD Security Clearance; Active DoD SECRET Security Clearance, a plus. Must be willing to undergo CI polygraph
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Experience with JPAS, e-QIP, e_FCL and COMSEC, a plus
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office and database use
- Proactive personality. Must be willing to work as a team member with other Security, Operations and support personnel
- Must have strong problem solving skills and an understanding of unique security needs for technology integration processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, responding quickly and effectively to non-routine requests and situations
- Be excellent at time management and be able to function in an environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter and ability to multi-task, with good organizational and administrative skills
- Satisfactory completion of mandatory FSO courses and training via DSS Academy within 6 months of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer
Independently administer and maintain Windows systems within a highly dynamic simulation company. Must have good people skills.
Expertise and experience required for Exchange 2007.
Experience with Administration, Configuration and End user support for one or more of the following:
- Windows XP/7
- Server 2003/3008
- Citrix 4.5
- Terminal Services
- Active Directory
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Network Configuration
- Computer hardware (server and desktop) installation, configuration and troubleshooting
Associates in Information Technology and/or at least 3 years of experience above key areas.
Desired experience with:
- DoD NISPOM Information Systems security procedure experience
** Must be able to qualify for US Department of Defense Security Clearance, which REQUIRES US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ASSOCIATE AND SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Would you like to work in the games industry, but aren’t interested in six month death marches to hit a Christmas delivery? Do you like working in a small team with lots of autonomy, but don’t want to work at a start-up in someone’s garage? If so, a position at FAAC Incorporated’s vehicle simulation division may be exactly what you’re looking for!
Software engineers in FAAC Incorporated’s vehicle simulation division take on a wide variety of tasks. Most recently we’ve added a 50 caliber Browning machine gun with air powered recoil and head mounted display with head tracking for our military customers. We also create simulators for a wide variety of wheeled vehicles for the military, police, fire, municipal bussing and long haul trucking. These simulators include a mock-up of the driver’s cabin, multiple monitors to provide an out-the-window view and an interface for control by a driving instructor. This provides the opportunity to work with hardware/electronics, simulation software, 3D graphics and GUI code. There’s literally something for everyone.
Some of the skills you need to be a team member at FAAC are:
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Both in GCC and Microsoft Visual Studio
- STL use for more than just std::vector
- Design patterns
- An understanding of C memory management concepts
- Network programming
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics
- An understanding of math and physics is necessary to understand the underlying functionality of the product
- Also, all tasks have a programming component to them, so strong computer programming skills are necessary
- Understanding of UML
- Software configuration management tool proficiency
- Linux proficiency
- Windows proficiency
Some of the skills that would move you to the top of the list are:
- Familiarity with the CAN bus protocol
- Experience with Perforce for SCM
- Experience with C#
- Experience with OSG
Senior Engineers are expected to manage small teams of software engineers, as well as provide mentoring opportunities for their team. Experience in this area is required for this position.Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will be needed for another year of VCTS integration and as an ongoing position for clerical work with RMA’s and other testing. Education: High School diploma, plus 10+ years experience Required: Aptitude for hardware trouble shooting. Proficient with computers and Microsoft Products. Desired: Military background Electronics repair
- - Strong mechanical aptitude and proficiency with many types of tools
- - Strong electronics skills
- - Strong computer and networking skills
- - Strong customer service skills
- - Strong problem-solving skills
- - Sufficient manual dexterity to perform hardware maintenance and repair
- - Ability and practical knowledge to analyze, diagnose and resolve issues affecting the product
- - Load software programs and implement modifications, as necessary
- - Conduct testing and inspect systems under warranty agreements
- - Respond and carry out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems
- - Identify and track service and non-conformance issues via customer database
- - Make recommendations regarding system installations and service contract facilities
- - Report up to daily on activities completed, deferred or requiring further action or material
- - Participate in on-call assignments/schedules, as required
- - Coordinate with subcontractors in cities where FAAC has support contracts
- - Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds, unassisted or up to one hundred (100) pounds, assisted
- - Ability to sit, stand and bend for extended periods of time
- - Work inside or out with varying temperature changes and climates
- - When necessary, must be able to work flexible hours in support of FAAC’s computer facility and customer service
- - Must be able to successfully interact with customers
- - Must be able to travel (possibly up to 70%) to provide technical service to FAAC products in the field
- Associates degree, or equivalent, in Electronics or Computer Science, preferred
Please reference job posting: 2013-08
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
The person in this position will be responsible for the implementation of the configuration management strategy used to establish product baselines and track the custom content for each delivery.
This individual will also be responsible for maintaining the installation scripts. These scripts should be easily configured to include product options as well as custom content. The goal is that these scripts will be used by the hardware staff to install the software. He/she will also help to develop and maintain standardized forms that should completely identify the content to be installed on a given system.
If/when configuration files are changed on a given simulator it will be his/her responsibility to ensure these files are put back into Perforce. This person will need to create a standard procedure for version record keeping ensuring nothing is ever missed.
This employee will be involved with product software integration and testing on an as-needed basis.
This person will NOT be responsible for developing code or maintaining the Dev branches within Perforce.
Understanding of source control – branching, integrating, labeling
Proficient at source control tools – preferably Perforce
Knows how to define a baseline
Understands tools to build install scripts
Understands software lifecycles
Level of intelligence to learn and understand the different aspects of a simulator
Creative ideas for testing
OS knowledge (Windows/Linux)
Can verbally articulate ideas in a clear and concise way
Team player – willing to take input from a variety of people
Patience/thoroughness – will thoroughly test their work
EOE Employer**Please reference job post no: 2013-07.
SHIPPING, RECEIVING, INVENTORY AND INSTALLATION ASSISTANT
Realtime Technologies, Inc. a leader in the real-time simulation industry is seeking a Shipping, Receiving, Inventory and Installation Assistant to support integration and installation of our driving simulator products.
- Will prepare and pack products for shipping (including printing and binding manuals and duplicating CDs).
- Will operate various machinery, including a fork lift, and use various types of hand tools in the layout, fabrication and assembling of plastic, wood and metal parts that comprise our products in accordance with production drawings.
- Initiate shipping paperwork.
- Drive equipment to customer sites for installation.
- Perform onsite installation of equipment.
- Support trade show events including purchasing booth space, shipping components and supporting set up and tear down.
- Ensure that inventory is properly labeled and secured, and that the inventory room is maintained in a clean and accessible manner.
- Placing orders for inventory parts to maintain inventory levels.
- Receive inventory and other shipments and verify against Purchase Orders.
- Requires national and possibly international travel.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with shipping department using UPS, FedEx, and/or Yellow Freight.
- Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour day.
- Must be able to consistently lift 80 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique.
- Must have strong general mechanical skills.
- Must have basic computer experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Associate degree or technical trade school training desired.
- International shipping experience desired.
- Audio/Visual installation experience desired.
- Computer installation experience desired.
- CDL license desired.
- Fork Lift experience desired.
Company DescriptionRealtime Technologies, Inc. is a boutique hardware and software company located in Royal Oak, MI a suburb of Detroit in the heart of the I-75 technology corridor. Realtime Technologies employs excellent people with stellar skills. We're serious about developing top-notch, leading edge products and providing excellent customer service. We do it in a casual atmosphere. Please fax a resume to 248 548-6036 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We seek engineers interested in learning modeling and simulation of airborne devices and aircraft systems for military training and tactical applications. Simulation development requires a wide array of knowledge areas from a variety of Engineering and Science disciplines: Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Physics, and Math. We are looking for candidates with degrees in any of these fields who are willing to learn and expand their knowledge across science and engineering disciplines.
- Analyze reference data to design and develop physics based computer models of aircraft systems
- Develop software and architecture to support embedded simulations
- Perform verification and validation of simulation models
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
- Basic knowledge of computer programming
Desired Skills and Experience
- Programming Languages: C, C++, C#
- Microsoft Windows OS and Linux OS Experience
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a group
IES INTERACTIVE TRAINING: EASTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER POSITION
IES Interactive Training, a leading manufacturer of interactive training simulators and systems for the Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Military training equipment markets. IES maintains quality and customer satisfaction as our primary commitments, maximizing our corporate value while providing an enjoyable work environment for its employees.
IES is seeking a highly qualified and successful full-time regional sales manager for its 22-state Eastern Regional Sales territory. Regional sales managers identify prospects, make sales calls, conduct production demonstrations, produce proposals, and generally develop their sales-pipeline to meet or exceed the regions sales objectives.
The successful IES Regional Sales Manager will have the following qualifications:
• Experience in competitive sales situations to the law enforcement training markets, and/or computer and software based technical markets.
• A solid knowledge of contemporary computer-based training systems and computer equipment and software
• The ability to conduct high-impact stand-up presentations and demonstrations
• A strong public presence and demeanor, and established public speaking and communication skills
• The ability to work individually without daily supervision and produce consistent results
• A detail-oriented business style with strong follow-up techniques and skills
• A competitive nature with a strong desire to achieve results
• Ability to meet time-sensitive, agenda driven goals in a variety of environments
• Apply to learn, master and apply new techniques and methods to achieve positive results
• Reports to the IES Director of Business Development/GM.
• Up to 50% monthly travel within sales region to conduct product demonstrations and customer meetings
• Attend scheduled industry trade events and conferences as assigned
• Build and manage your own sales pipeline and sales business plans to achieve and exceed target goals.
• Report results, contacts, leads and opportunity information in designated company sales and marketing database
• Report results monthly in designated company forecast reports to management
• Master all company products and attend regular company training sessions and events
• Achieve consistent monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals within assigned regions
• BA/BS highly desirable
• Law Enforcement or Military service background is a strong plus
• Significant Military, Law Enforcement or Public Safety market experience is highly desirable and weighted accordingly
Compensation and Benefit Information:
• Includes a competitive base compensation package
• A sales commission schedule is included
• Sales dividend percentage pay-out plan based on sales performance is included
• Competitive company benefits package, including Life, Dental, Medical and 401(k) plan with company match is available
• Opportunity to work from home office is available, with no relocation requirement (based on location)
• Fun, progressive small business environment where opinions and results matter
• Yearly recognition for outstanding performers and high achievers
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for overall management and coordination of on-site simulator maintenance.
Act as the primary point of contact with the on-site Government personnel.
Assist in developing the Interim Contractor Logistics Support (ICLS) program. Manage ICLS inventory and facilitate part replacement. This may include coordination with FAAC production staff and third party vendors for repair/replacement of COTS items.
Site Manager shall trouble shoot, repair, and make recommendations for additional service.
Will be responsible for accountability, maintenance, custody, control, and storage of GFI/GFE.
Will ensure overall system supportability and the supportability of the individual VCTS subsystems.
Calibration, extended diagnostics, overhaul, refurbishment, rebuild, or other prolonged repair actions.
-Must be able to qualify for a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
-HS Diploma with 9 years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 3 years relevant experience
-Experience with computer operating systems (Microsoft Windows).
-Minimal TCP/IP networking skills.
-Minimum two years troubleshooting and repairing computers in a networked environment
-Knowledge of computer hardware/terminology.
-Familiarity with Bash or similar shell commands
-Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
-Ability to lift 50# and bend and stoop to access hardware in physically restrictive environments
-Maintains a valid driver’s license
-A+, Network+, and Linux+ Certifications
-Computer operating systems/networking.
-Ability to handle major hardware diagnosis/repair.
Train Route Clearance Operations utilizing the Virtual Clearance Training Suite (VCTS) Simulators and MTRS Virtual simulator.
Provide comprehensive knowledge in the concepts, skills, and aptitude to efficiently operate the VCTS system.
Train Soldiers to operate the VCTS. To include features, advantages, and configurations:
a. Introduction to the Training Curriculum and Courseware.
b. Operation of all equipment including, but not limited to, operation of the IOS.
VCTS clearance vehicles as well as the MTRS, and tactics, techniques, and procedures
(TTPs) of employment and Train the Trainer (TTT) courses..
Provide operator level maintenance.
The Operator shall assist inventory and account for equipment received; inspect equipment for damages and document findings.
Ensure that the system is fully installed and Ready For Training (RFT) .
Responsible for management and coordination of on-site simulator training.
Assist in the accountability, maintenance, custody, control, and storage of equipment.
Must be able to qualify for a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
• HS Diploma
• Military Experience (4-yrs minimum)
• Proficient in understanding and communicating in the English language.
• Effective management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lift 50# unassisted
• Maintains a valid driver’s license
• US citizenship
• Coordinate with customer to execute training schedules.
• Manage spare equipment and resources in order to minimize equipment down time.
FAAC is the leading simulations engineering company whose quality products, customer commitment and integrity are recognized worldwide. FAAC specializes in vehicle driving simulators, use-of-force training simulators and military weapon system simulations servicing military, commercial and municipal customers both foreign and domestic.