The SimVehicle system is made up of models of the four corners of the vehicle that are coupled with a 6 degree of freedom body component. This includes the Newton-Euler equations of motion. A powertrain model calculates the torques at the wheels based on brake pedal, gear, and accelerator pedal inputs. There is a great deal more to SimVehicleLT. Please view or download the SimVehicleLTproduct data sheet (pdf) for more information about this product. Realtime Technologies’ Multibody Dynamics Component Library is the cornerstone of SimVehicleLT’s functionality. These components were manipulated withSimCreator, using its C Code generation features. As a result, the simulations produced by SimVehicle have a higher degree of fidelity, and can assist your engineering team in the modeling and analysis of vehicle dynamics before prototyping is undertaken. The decision to include automotive simulation into your development process can ultimately save on costs and improve the ability of an engineer to develop a better model of vehicle dynamics.
SimVehicle: A Component of SimCreator
SimVehicle is a high-fidelity, multibody, real-time vehicle dynamics model. It can represent a variety of four-wheel vehicles. Selectable input data files are the key to how SimVehicleLT represents multiple vehicle models. As a result, vehicle dynamics simulation can become a core part of your design and development process for any vehicle. Our goal is to assist you in developing a model of your vehicle that factors in the key insights that can be best obtained through simulation. Ultimately, this data can play an important role in design decisions for any vehicle.
- Error exception handling with the capability to reset the SimVehicleLT simulation
- Real-time external monitoring of all vehicle dynamics output
- External control of all unconnected simulation input Variable step size integration
- Optional integration method selection
SimVehicle has been compiled for embedded applications using SimCreator’s code generation facilities. In addition, SimVehicle can be quickly re-configured using the SimCreator GUI. We offer additional component libraries that allow you to enhance SimVehicle’s capabilities.
- Test vehicle designs before performing costly prototyping.
- Evaluate ECU hardware design using hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Develop control strategies in a flexible software environment.
- Perform operator-in-the-loop testing using a robust vehicle model.