Husky Mounted Detection System Desktop Trainer
The HMDS Desktop Trainer uses the same software and touch screen interface as found on the VCTS and the operational Husky Mounted Detection System, providing a seamless training capability. By design, the HMDS DT is easy to operate by unit personnel. Upon fielding, the BEB Route Clearance platoons will now have the ability to train Husky VMMD operators on proper HMDS employment, operation, and detection of explosive hazards as part of their complete C-IED and route clearance training.
At its core, the HMDS Desktop Trainer is a portable military driving simulator with the capability to go beyond training the Husky Mounted Detection System. In addition to being extremely portable (due to its small footprint), it could be configured to run any driver training objective that is included in the VCTS suite. Both C-IED training and driver training are now possible in a highly portable desktop training system. This makes it one of the most lightweight yet powerful military driving and route clearance training simulators available.
HMDS - Setup
HMDS - Instructor Operator Station
HMDS - Operating and Monitoring
- Small footprint; highly portable and will fit on a standard desktop found in most office spaces
- Quick set-up; closed-case to ready-to-train in less than 30 minutes
- Can be reconfigured to run any driver training objective that is included in the VCTS Suite, including C-IED training and route clearance training
- Same interface and terrain databases as in VCTS, same explosive hazards detection library
- Provides a seamless transition from HMDS DT to VCTS to CTC Surrogate VMMDs to operational VMMDs
- Immersive training environment including driving controls, Graphical User Interface display, HMDS remote power, e-stop, and marking pump controls for familiarization and sustainment of individual and collective skills
- High-fidelity replication of system power up/power down, deployment and stowing
- Calibration (Sky Shot), and detection
- Upgradeable to match planned engineering changes (e.g., deep buried detection)
- Capability to accept events in real-time to include addition, deletion and movement of threat objects by an instructor
- Crosstrack display, Full Route History, Scroll bar, Functional Flat View, Cube Views, Distance Markers, Algorithm Mode Display, and 3 Meter Backup Functionality
- Simulation of day/night, precipitation/dry, varying intensity of rain and snow, dirt, sand, paved, gravel, water, snow, conditions
Replicates buried depth of objects, material characteristics of objects, and orientation of object.
- Three warning tones for over speed, object detection, and system error or HMDS malfunctions.
Wire Detection capabilities
- Deployable, enables cross-training of additional operators during drills, Annual Training, or at CTCs
Latest News and Videos
Learn more about our HMDS Desktop Trainer
The HMDS Desktop Trainer uses the same software and touch screen interface as found on the VCTS and the operational HMDS, therefore, providing a seamless training capability. By design, the HMDS DT is easy to operate by unit personnel. Upon fielding, the BEB Route Clearance platoons will now have the ability to train VMMD operators on proper HMDS employment, operation, and detection of explosive hazards.