The FAAC TT 1000 Truck Driver Training Simulator is designed to give both new and veteran operators a meaningful training experience. Coupled with our computer-based training system that lets trainees learn basic skills at their own pace, the TT 1000 delivers training episodes that mimic real-life hazards and risk concerns.
- Realistic cab configurations with functional cab compartment controls
- Faithful replication of steering wheel feel and tendencies
- Digital dash available
- Expansive field of view
- Virtually rendered mirrors
- Full powertrain (engine, transmission, axle ratio)
- Accurate vehicle brakes
- Optional DOF motion system with a suspension system that includes shock absorbers, springs, and tire effects
Accurate reproduction of cab dashboard components for a lifelike training environment, including controls for:
- Air and interlock brakes
- Engine overrule
- Fire suppression
- Master switch
FAAC’s proprietary SmartNode™ software creates realistic seat bounce and vibration from elements such as acceleration and braking, turning, and curb strikes.
Real-Time Computer System
FAAC’s proprietary software system enables the student to respond to the environment and maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind, visibility, and driver inputs.
- Controls out-the-window visual scenes and vehicle sounds as they relate
to driving and student performance
- Provides signals to the student vehicle dashboard instruments
- Senses and responds to student inputs, such as hard braking and
- Provides realistic interaction between other driving stations networked to
participate in the same training scenario
FAAC sets the standard for the visual driving environment with the most sophisticated virtual reality training products in the industry.
- A combination of front, side, and rear screens can provide up to 315°
horizontal field-of-view of crisp, clear virtual training worlds – our vertical field of view is the broadest in the industry
- State-of-the-art flat-screen monitors enable FAAC to install physical
interior and exterior rearview mirrors that are vital to driver training
Instructor Operator Station
This vital component provides a direct, real-time link between the instructor and their student(s) during training sessions.
- Enables the instructor to manage one of several student driving sessions
- Controls traffic, weather, equipment malfunctions, daylight, lesson
storage and objective scoring on up to 15 different driving variables
- Provides a location for instructor-student interaction tools, such as a
desktop instructor driving console and pedestrian joystick control
- Exclusive jump back, replay, and re-drive student scenarios
- Instructor driving station for networked vehicle and spontaneous hazards
- Remote keypad control
- Instructor lesson plan tool
- Joystick control of pedestrians, animals, bicycles and other objects
Our system generates appropriate vehicle motor and other operational sounds of a commercial truck.
- Doppler effect sound configuration conveys the presence and location of passing vehicles, stationary obstructions, sirens, etc.
- Radio (intercom) system can be integrated into the driving station to support appropriate dispatcher/radio communications activity, as well as training for the student driver through interaction with the instructor.
Meet Training Objectives with VITALS
- Safe, effective, efficient, objective and consistent training
- Basic, advanced and remedial driver/operator training
- Vehicle operations knowledge
- Mirror usage
- Mitigate risks
- Safe movement
- Student knowledge of rules and regulations
- Diagnosis and corrective action
- Direct activities to address most pressing concerns
Latest News and Videos
Learn more about our TT 1000 Truck Simulator
The FAAC TT 1000 Truck Simulator is designed to give both new and veteran operators a meaningful training experience. Coupled with our computer-based training system that lets trainees learn basic skills at their own pace, the TT 1000 delivers training episodes that mimic real-life hazards and risk concerns.