Closed Cab Driving Simulator for Truck Operator Training
The FAAC TT 2000 Truck Driver Training Simulator is designed to give both new and veteran operators a meaningful training experience. Coupled with our computer-based training system that lets trainees learn basic skills at their own pace, the TT 2000 delivers training episodes that mimic real-life hazards and risk concerns.
Enclosed Driver Cab
- Replica cab configurations with OEM compartment controls
- Real flat glass full size truck mirrors
- Force feedback steering and replica steering wheel
- Heavy duty seat and 3-point restraint
- High fidelity truck dynamics package
- Optional 3-DOF motion system
- Fully instrumented OEM cab
- Air Brake release
- Configurable digital dash
- Radio/Intercom (optional)
- Air Circulation
- Headlight Controls
FAAC’s proprietary SmartNode™ software creates realistic seat bounce and vibration from elements such as acceleration and braking, turning, and curb strikes.
FAAC sets the standard for the visual driving environment with the most sophisticated virtual reality training products in the industry.
- A combination of front, side, and rear screens can provide up to 300° horizontal
field-of-view of crisp, clear virtual training worlds – our vertical field of view is the
broadest in the industry
- Our visuals are rendered on each monitor with 4K (3840 x 2160) image quality.
Our system generates appropriate vehicle motor and other operational sounds of a commercial truck.
- Doppler effect sound configuration conveys the presence and location of passing
vehicles, stationary obstructions, sirens, etc.
- Radio (intercom) system can be integrated into the driving station to support appropriate
dispatcher/radio communications activity, as well as training for the student driver
through interaction with the instructor.
Instructor Operator Station
This vital component provides a direct, real-time link between the instructor and their student(s) during training sessions.
- Enables the instructor to manage one of several student driving sessions
- Controls traffic, weather, equipment malfunctions, daylight, lesson
storage and objective scoring on up to 15 different driving variables
- Provides a location for instructor-student interaction tools and an
auxiliary driving simulator
- Exclusive jump back, replay, and re-drive student scenarios
- Instructor driving station for networked vehicle and spontaneous hazards
- Wireless Instructor Tablet for remote control of the simulators
- Instructor lesson plan tool
- Joystick control of pedestrians, animals, bicycles, and other objects
Real-Time Computer System
FAAC’s proprietary software system enables the student to respond to the environment and maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind, visibility, and driver inputs.
- Controls out-the-window visual scenes and vehicle sounds as they relate
to driving and student performance
- Provides signals to the student vehicle dashboard instruments
- Senses and responds to student inputs, such as hard braking and
- Provides realistic interaction between other driving stations networked to
participate in the same training scenario
Meet Training Objectives with VITALS
- Self-led student instruction
- Implement standardized and objective assessment processes
- Analyze performance and debrief while minimizing individual instructor filters and/or bias
- Add comments to performance summaries identifying areas for improvement
- Monitor student progress over time and predict future performance
- Targeted after action review features increasing learning retention
- Train agency policy through customized scenarios
Latest News and Videos
Learn more about our TT 2000 Truck Simulator
The FAAC TT 2000 Truck Simulator is designed to give both new and veteran operators a meaningful training experience. Coupled with our computer-based training system that lets trainees learn basic skills at their own pace, the TT 2000 delivers training episodes that mimic real-life hazards and risk concerns.